[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: XML IDs // Linking between documents

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri Apr 29 08:00:38 CEST 2011

Hey François,

> The IDs should take the language into account, otherwise there will be
> duplicate IDs within the complete file structure, right?
I would say no, they should *not* take language into account, and also
not the version.
- If they would take the *version* into account, we would need to update
*all* links when creating a new version.
- furthermore, it would be impossible to display a selector like "this
information is available for 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, trunk", as we need the same
IDs for getting this information.
- If they would take *language* into account, we'd need to update *all*
links when creating a new language.
- furthermore, it would be impossible to display a selector like "this
information is available in english, german, ...", as we need the same
IDs for getting this information.

-> another reason for olinks, and against global xrefs ;-) (at least IMHO)

Greets,
Sebastian