[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Build Chain / Rendering Pipeline

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Apr 26 14:50:40 CEST 2011

Hey,

> We will need a way for linking "user contributions" with the right
> "documentation page"? Let consider that users can let comments at the
> bottom of every chapter. Probably an extension should take care of
> assembling HTML documentation with the right comments (by Ajax or
> inline HTML). Anyway the HTML from the documentation rendering process
> will need to be processed before being outputted, I guess. Let talk
> about that later it that is not the good moment for you.
Good point :-) As all sections and chapters have fixed "xml:id" values,
I think it is good if we use these for referencing in related comments, etc.
This means there must be one rule: *for released documents, xml:id
values should NEVER change*

> One more thing on the top of that. I think we must take into
> consideration at an early stage multi-language support. ATM, not so
> many manuals are translated but it may change in the future if we can
> provide a consistent environment / support for translation. Maybe
> already clear in your mind... but just to mention it.
Good point! I have looked quite a bit into how other systems do it, and
will do a separate posting in a bit.

Greets,
Sebastian