[TYPO3-doc] Small improvements to official documentation template

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Sep 6 21:48:27 CEST 2010

Hi all,

> After seeing some examples of other manuals I thought the call-out boxes
> in the new official documentation template could be improved. I've
> uploaded a modified PDF version of the template here:

Here's yet another version inspired partly by what Hermann mentioned and
had been around my head already for a while:

http://drp.ly/1FZfdh

Changes:

- a 1cm left margin before all text, except the level 1, 2 and 3 headings
- call-out boxes are further indented to differentiate them from the
text. Furthermore I added a 1cm right margin
- this didn't look very good anymore for the "official documentation"
and "document type" boxes at the beginning of the document, so I
introduced separate styles for them, with less indent

I also added a bit more text to use all the various styles, which were
in the template but were not visible.

Note: if it were me I would get rid of all the colors used in the
headings, which I really don't like, but that may not be an acceptable
change (trying my luck here ;-) )

Please give me your feedback on these changes. Integration of some
documents into this new official template has already started. I know
I'm coming late with these changes, but I still think they are worth it
and it's easy to just copy and paste an integrated document into the new
template at this point. But we can't change it all the time, or the
writers are going to get mad.

So sorry for these late changes, but please consider them and give your
feedback as I think they are real improvements.