[TYPO3-doc] Small improvements to official documentation template

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Sep 6 08:55:21 CEST 2010

Hi Hermann,

> I like the large left indent.  However I would suggest to let the
> headings start at the very left so they visually stand out of the text.

Yes I thought about that. I quite like it. I'll give it a try.

> May I suggest to have a look at the Oracle Manuals. I have worked with
> Oracle for years and I believe they produce excellent documentation. The
> layout is very readable and consistent across all their manuals. The
> concepts guide is a good example as it has a quite a few illustrations
> as well:

Thanks for the pointer. It's always good to have examples of good
documentation.

> It appears to me they are using something like docbook to produce the
> consistent look.

OpenOffice is certainly not ideal in our case. The TYPO3 v5 team has
chosen DocBook and we may yet make the switch for v4 too, but there's
nothing definite yet.