[TYPO3-doc] Review of doc_core_skinning

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Sun Sep 5 17:50:49 CEST 2010

Thanks Martin for your valuable remarks.

> == Sprite Generator Handler ==
> manual autogenerating - some people may not like automatic graphic
> generation. "Manual autogeneration" can be seen as some kind of proxy to
> "autogenerating" enabling customized rendering of sprite.
>
> what does that mean? manual or automatic?

I have got more information from Steffen and have updated the section as follows:

manual auto-generating - instead of letting TYPO3 taking care of the CSS / Sprite generation
automatically, this option will activate a new icon in the Clear Cache menu that will enable to
manually control the Sprite Manager. This handler is present upon TYPO3 v4.5.

> == CSS Naming Conventions ==
> Perhaps if you give an bad example, you could add another good example after
> that. Of just, give only a good example. IMHO it is not the best idea to
> give an bad example anyway. Perhaps just remove it.

Well, there is a good example just above and IMO it is not incense to give a bad example.

> == Icons naming conventions ==
> In the table the discription for "t3-icon-actions-document" is missing.

Tricky case: I have removed it as there is no general rule which applies anywhere

> == Use case 1: load additional stylesheets to skin the Backend ==
> The sentence in the begining (The code of use case #1 is available as
> extension on forge at http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-
> pagemodulecss) confused me. Put it at the end of that use case:
>
> f.e. "As an example have a look at the extension pagemodulecss at forge
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-pagemodulecss"

Ok, changed it.

> == Use case 2: registering a new icon to the Backend ==
> "If the icon to be displayed is one of the Core but is going to have a
> different meaning" i wonder, that it is ok to use it then. I would propose
> to not use it, if it has an different meaning.

Agreed! I have removed the sentence.

> == BUTTON WITH ICON / BUTTON WITHOUT ICON ==
> Typo: t3-bouton (just search and replace bouton:)

:)

Done!

Fb