[TYPO3-doc] Screenshot rules and guidelines for Official Documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Sep 1 14:26:15 CEST 2010

Hi,

> - The whole circles with / without shadows thingy is not important to
> me, shutter - my tool of choice - does not provide shadows, so I won't
> use them. (I won't use GIMP for screenshots, I totally won't! ;)) And I
> don't really think it's important. When we are working with many people
> on one document we could agree to drop the shadows, but if someone
> writes an individual manual he may use it if he likes.
> - Nearly the same for the font. I think stating that we will use a
> sans-serif font in a certain size should be enough. Whether that is
> Arial, Bitstream or Nimbus should not matter. I mean, in the end: We are
> talking about little numbers in circles in screenshots, not the most
> important part of a documentation...

OK. I agree with that. I will adapt the relevant wiki page to indicate
that all these are guidelines which should be adhered to as much as
possible, but that the finer details can be ignored if need be.

> (This is the same problem I usually have with mission statements while
> we are at it: In the end one discusses the most unimportant part for
> weeks while forgetting to do the actual work ;))

That's because such discussions need a moderator, which would have been
me in this case, but I didn't have enough time sometimes to follow the
discussions clearly enough.

I still think that mission statements have their use, otherwise I
wouldn't have lost time with them, but that's getting OT.

> [sorry, I'm not an abstract working girl ;)]

You're not abstract? So we can instantiate you? $workingGirl = new
SusanneMoog();

It's too bad you're singleton, we could use more of you ;-)