[TYPO3-doc] Screenshots usage

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Oct 4 22:58:14 CEST 2010

Hi all,

We have already some guidelines about creating screenshots, but not
about usage in the documentation. I'm not sure if there's much to say
about this topic, but it's still worth defining some rules here too.

As a starting point, here are my habits:

- when screenshots are narrower than the page width, I center them
- I never include blank lines above or below screenshots. Instead I use
some spacing around it (select the picture, right-click and choose
"Picture...", go to the "Wrap" tab and set top and bottom spacing to
0.2cm. I think this is more elegant than a full blank line.

And that's all.

I made a try at setting a border around screenshots, but it doesn't look
particularly better IMO.

What's your opinion?