[TYPO3-doc] Structure of an official document

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri May 28 17:52:42 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay in moving forward on this thread, but I've been a
bit too busy recently.

> As we discussed recently, there are quite a few elements that must be
> placed in an official manual that would normally not appear in an
> extension's manual. It is important that we define what these elements
> are and where they should be placed.

Here's v2:

http://drp.ly/15B813

which takes into account all of your comments hopefully (I may have
missed a couple of remarks, the thread was quite dense). Here are the
main changes:

- the credits section is dropped
- the ChangeLog becomes What's new and is now a section of the
Introduction chapter rather than a chapter of its own
- the official documentation box and the document category box are moved
to the cover page. On that same page, there's a proposal for a new box
that would be used for translations of official documents. Please
comment on its content.
- there are now 5 types of call-out boxes, following Bill's proposal
- I've added a note about code blocks, please comment.

I have talked today with Ben van 't Ende about having access to one of
the design guys for polishing this template. He'll see what can be done,
since they are pretty busy already right now. In the meantime I have
slightly improved the looks IMO, by switching to a 5% gray background
(instead of 10% gray) and using icons from the Tango theme.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.