[TYPO3-doc] RFC :) CSS Styled Content Documentation

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 29 21:13:27 CEST 2010

Hi Susanne,

As already said on Facebook ;-) this is absolutely awesome!

> I was working on the CSS Styled Content documentation this weekend and
> have finished what I think of as alpha-1. If you have any ideas what
> could be missing in this, please let me know.

I'll try to read it as soon as I can, but not right now ;-)

> - No tutorial, but a reference
> - Not too detailed, as most options can be found in the TSref, focus on
> the specialties
> - Provide an easy overview over the rendering of the different content
> elements

I agree with all of that.

> I added some of the documentation of the new media content element (the
> rendering part tt_content.media...).

Great.

> Additionally I wanted to ask, if the css styled content documentation
> should remain inside the extensions doc directory or if we want to have
> it as external document?

That's a tough one. Normally all manuals belong to inside their
respective sysext. An exception was made for indexed_search, because the
manual was getting too large.

Of course the problem with having the manual inside the sysext is that
we currently don't have a way of rendering manuals from sysexts, so they
don't appear anywhere on typo3.org.

But I would still say the manual has to go inside css_styled_content and
we should find a solution to render those manuals on typo3.org.

Again thanks for your work.