[TYPO3-doc] TypoScript reference

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Mar 13 21:49:55 CET 2010

Hi,

> well, stdWrap.wrap3 would be the same, right?
> wrap3 is a function with an property splitChar

I wouldn't say it's the same. "wrap3" is a property of stdWrap, which
has it's own type. This means that when you're on the stdWrap page,
which is:

tsref/function/stdWrap

and you click on the type of "wrap3" to know more about it, then you
move to:

tsref/type/wrap

Now of course you picked a very good (a.k.a. painful) example. Strictly
speaking "wrap" is a data type, which means it is not expected to have
properties. But wrap3 is not a "straight" wrap as it allows for choosing
a different splitting character (like "fontTag" for example). So in
effect, the type of wrap3 should be defined separately, if we want to
have a real consistent structure to build on online reference. But this
seems like a lot of overhead. We have to find a simpler solution.

I definitely plan to take a deeper look at the XML reference from the
t3editor to see how such cases are handled., but I haven't had the time yet.