[TYPO3-doc] doc_core_errors - official?

Martin Holtz typo3ng_2009 at martinholtz.de
Fri Mar 5 15:33:00 CET 2010

Hi Francois,

> It is official but I have decided to integrate it into doc_core_api,
> because that's where it belongs IMO. Thus you can already find it in the
> SVN version of doc_core_api [1].
ah, great. Thats the place it belongs to.

> And yes, I know that doc_core_api is becoming a monster and should be
> split into smaller documents, but creating a doc_core_error seemed wrong
> to me as it was much too small. I don't think it would help having tons
> of little documents. It wouldn't make the information easier to find.
well, i do not think that one big document is bad (for the reader). You
can search in it and you do not need to search for different documents.

> But thinking about how to split doc_core_api is also part of the
> documentation revamp that I have undertaken. One idea would be to
> extract the chapter about the TCA and put it into its own doc, because
> it represents a large, consistent whole. Here again, feel free to make
> suggestions.
I think one big doc_core_api is ok, because it focus on developers.

thanks,
martin

--
Martin Holtz - elemente websolutions http://www.elemente-websolutions.ms