[TYPO3-doc] doc_core_errors - official?

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 5 13:02:15 CET 2010

Hi,

> is that document an official core-doc?
>
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/File:Error_and_exception_handling.odt
>
> Can someone add it then too
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/

Yes, but no :-)

It is official but I have decided to integrate it into doc_core_api,
because that's where it belongs IMO. Thus you can already find it in the
SVN version of doc_core_api [1].

And yes, I know that doc_core_api is becoming a monster and should be
split into smaller documents, but creating a doc_core_error seemed wrong
to me as it was much too small. I don't think it would help having tons
of little documents. It wouldn't make the information easier to find.

But thinking about how to split doc_core_api is also part of the
documentation revamp that I have undertaken. One idea would be to
extract the chapter about the TCA and put it into its own doc, because
it represents a large, consistent whole. Here again, feel free to make
suggestions.

[1]
https://svn.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Documentation/doc_core_api/trunk/doc/doc_core_api.sxw