[TYPO3-doc] New documentation categories

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Fri Mar 5 08:41:31 CET 2010

Hello Francois,

thank you much for your thoughts on the documentation :-) We can
optimize it if we do it together - and if we have the right resources.
For example we need either
- an extra server where we can run extensions what do the better work
- access to typo3.org to install better extensions

For example it's time to migrate from .sxw to .odt and to conversion of
the .sxw manuals to .odt via xsl.

Yes, that are details, but that's needed before we discuss much about
what should be. Do we get the access to the server/ a server to really
provide new and optimized features?

---
And yes: It's a very good idea to use "just" the extensionkey as
category for core/ tutorial/ guide. So we don't need tagging for this case.

> The first way I would distinguish between these three kinds of documents
> if by extension key. We already have "doc_core_*" for core
> documentation. I would like to have "doc_tut_*" for tutorials and
> "doc_guide_*" for guides. To enforce the official quality of such
> documents, those keys would not be available for registration via the
> TER. One would have to apply to get one. Looking at what "doc_tut_*"
> exists out there currently, this should not be a big issue: they are
> either very old manuals by Kasper or translations thereof. Hopefully we
> can get those translators who are still motivated to translate the new
> manuals and render the old ones obsolete.
>
> Then of course each of these categories would have its own list/page/tab
> on typo3.org.

Yes, that's very good.

> Apart from that I don't think that the documents should look different.
> They should all be clearly recognizable as "official manuals"

Shure. That is really a detail for the moment.

Cheers!
Daniel

--
== DocTeam ==
Want to help? Just see what topics you're interested in and join us!