[TYPO3-doc] Official API on typo3.org

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 14 11:51:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I have the dream of having the official API on typo3.org. Currently, the
> "official" API page is completely out of date
> http://typo3.org/documentation/api/ and as a result, there are many
> TYPO3 API scattered all around which are more or less maintained.

I must say I have no idea how this was done at the time and why it is
not maintained anymore.

> In the meantime, we have the relaunch of typo3.org which is due soon (as
> far as I am informed).

At least several people are working very hard on it ;-)

> Technically speaking, it is fairly easy to implement this. It should be
> a script running every night that would output the API in doygen format.
> I have already the skeleton of such a script on my machine. The question
> is who should be contacted to implement that on the typo3.org server.

Is that a shell script? Could it be made into a Scheduler task?

Otherwise for now I think Pihlipps's suggestion is fine: just contact
admin at typo3.org, but I'll follow up on this topic at some later time,
because I think the API is part of the typo3.org sections that the
Documentation Team should supervise (if not care for directly).