[TYPO3-doc] A few DocBook questions

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Dec 20 21:37:59 CET 2010

Hi,

>> I wonder if we can really cover our use case with the existing tags (if
>> we want to be really formal).
>
> What do you miss?

Maybe nothing, but I'm not sure because I don't yet know DocBook so
well. Here's the information that's needed for each TypoScript property:

1) name
2) data type (which would be a xref to the explanation of that data type)
3) description
4) default value

That's what we currently have. Furthermore it would be nice to have the
range of TYPO3 versions during which it is/was available (new properties
regularly get added, some are deprecated/removed more rarely).

The other issue is one of "hierarchy". Every TypoScript property belongs
to a TypoScript object. So we would have something like "groups" of
properties which belong together. If we move to refentries we need to
make sure that we are able to keep that structure.

What's your advice to handle such data?