[TYPO3-doc] About DocBook 5 Customization

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Tue Dec 14 09:22:42 CET 2010

Hey everybody, particularily Thomas,

just a quick introduction for those who do not know me yet: I am a
member of the TYPO3 Phoenix / FLOW3 team, and as we are using DocBook
already since quite some time, I'm also here to give my input :-)

>> Well, both has their strengths. That decision depends usually on your
>> documents.
>> If you need to rearrange and reuse lots of your sections, the "section"
>> element will be probably more favorable. If you know in advance this will
>> never be the case, you can stick to sectX.
I'd suggest to use the <section> tag and get rid of the <sectX> tags,
for the exact reasons you explained - I have used this style in numerous
projects now, and it makes restructuring text a lot easier, as one does
not need to re-number the tags.

Greets,
Sebastian