[TYPO3-doc] Access rights for the offical TYPO3 Wiki

Philipp Gampe typo3.list at philippgampe.info
Wed Aug 11 21:10:45 CEST 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 19:24:29 +0200, Lina Wolf wrote:

> This would make changes by a larger community to official documents
> easier then when some open-office or docbooks have to be changed that
> can only be changed by a small number of people. And it could be used to
> secure documents that have been target of spam in the past.
>
> What do you think about it?

I like the idea, if it works out technically (see notes from François).

But I don't like the wiki, because it has (IMHO) a bad layout and a bad
structure. It is hard to find information trough a lot is already there,
but it is hidden. Also titles seems to contain a lot of "crap" e.g.
translation keep. Additionally, the URLs are strange (always including /
index.php/).

I would prefer, if we could change from swx to docbook, because we could
use svn more efficient then. I know that this step would need much work
"behind the scene" (adding support to the doc-parser, building templates,
etc.), but I guess it has to be done at some point.
IMO, the association should pay someone to do this work because I don't
think that many would do this in there spare time.

Well, there are lots of things like this and money is limited, so the
wiki approach sounds good, but someone needs to set it up too.

Best regards
Phil