[TYPO3-doc] Bug fixer's guide?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Aug 5 15:39:42 CEST 2010

Hi Bernd,

> I appreciate the idea of detailed information (especially for beginners)
>
> can you insert an additional point: 'how to participate in a TYPO3 bug
> day'?

Yes, that would have to be part of it. Actually I had started a page in
the wiki with similar information, I would certainly reuse at least part
of it for such a manual.

> my question : how can someone (a beginner) find this information?
>
> if it is website-content sooner or later google will find and index it.
> inside of any document it could be a little bit difficult (google does
> index PDF, but does it also index sxw-files?)

Well, there will still be a page about bug hunting/bug fixing and bug
days on the new typo3.org. So it will be findable. Those pages would
then refer to the manual for more details.

Furthermore all official manuals are rendered to HTML and thus findable.

> on the website you could be more dynamic.
> e.g. having an accordeon-javascript, an overview could be seen always and
> examples or more information could be expanded (or be on following/popup
> pages)

That's true, but I don't know how much of such features will be
available on typo3.org. Anyway I don't think the pages themselves must
hold that much information as long as the manual is pointed to
appropriately.

> what about the coming commention function, so everyone can add further
> information? in a static document it won't be possible to add comments

I don't know what's the status here.

> you also may have the content in a downloadable document (export page to
> pdf)

All official manuals are available as PDF.