[TYPO3-doc] TSref 4.3 update, some consideration

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 28 21:14:44 CET 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> In my opinion the updated documentation should point out in which
>> version certain features were introduced. Meaning that we should mark
>> the "introduced in 4.3" properties.
>
> Yes, that would be very useful. The main question is how to indicate
> that at best, so that it's clear but doesn't bloat the documentation too
> much. I'll think about, but any suggestions are welcome.

Yes. Maybe we could get "rid" of all those property tables where you end
up having very limited amount of space in each column to a more modern
variant with clear sections per property and more space for examples etc.

And before someone tells that "we are planning to do that with opendoc":
this has been said for years now, and we still are on the openoffice +
TER-rendering solution. So I think this has to be improved upon this
platform instead of postponing good features to a hypotetical new
platform which might never be really there.

Cheers,
Ernesto