[TYPO3-doc] Documenting TypoScript constants (and more)

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 30 14:14:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

> i do not see, why it should be helpfull to keep the references separate
> form the rest of documentation?

I think it *is* helpful. One document describes the syntax, the usage,
the API, etc. This is doc_core_ts. The other document is a reference to
all data types, functions and properties. This is doc_core_tsref.

As a beginner, I obviously need the two of them. However as I grow more
experienced I need to rely less and less on doc_core_ts, in which case I
will appreciate having the reference being only a reference. The TSref
is already 157 pages long, I wouldn't want to blow it up with 30-50 more
pages of doc_core_ts!

I don't think a 200-page document is really a help to a beginner as
he/she will be overwhelmed by the quantity of stuff to absorb. Much
better would be to have a quick start guide (like "TypoScript in 45
minutes" that covers the basics and points to more complete/advanced
documentation).