[TYPO3-doc] TSref 4.3 update, some consideration

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Fri Dec 18 16:34:49 CET 2009

Hi,

> I think the problem will be as long as different usages should be
> possible of one single document. I think the needs are different and
> therefore have different solutions (here: documents).
> A printed/ printable version like PDF can not use the commenting of an
> online-version and it would be nice to have a compact version as
> reference. For proper using you need examples and different views to one
> subject, which can be done in comments.

I agree. I also don't think that it's possible to boil everything down
to a single reference. As you say, the print version must provide
examples and such, and have a pleasant (to the eye) and useful layout,
which cannot be achieved IMO via an automated process.

OTOH for all other uses I would expect some kind of XML file to be
flexible enough for various representations. This could probably be
built upon the XML file used by the t3editor.

As I said before (it might be in another thread), I'm very interested in
the topic, but I'm also very busy just keeping the documentation up to
date. If some of you want to move ahead on this, I'm willing to
advise/review/comment/support/you name it, just don't expect me to
actually work on this topic :-)