[TYPO3-doc] [TYPO3-ect] ajaxportal

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Apr 18 11:00:22 CEST 2008

"Franz Koch" <typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1208508958.20337.typo3-team-extension-coordination at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey guys,
>
> first of all - this sounds really good - very good project.
>
>> Technically it's extjs and jsmanager from Joerg Schoppet, two db-tables,
>> an update-service for the gadgets (observer-pattern).
>
> I'm always about accessibility, and I think the basic features should also
> work with JS turned off - so that you can at least see any output
> (although without the drag'n'drop feature or dynamic content loading). So
> do you think this could be done in combination with xajax? I never did
> ajax stuff myself - I only read that xajax is providing fallback
> functionality and should work with any JS library - right?
>
> --
> kind regards,
> Franz

this may be ok for normal websites. Ajaxportals are never working without
JS. So fallback for this doesn't make real sense.
I've seen that even our citydepartement allows JS for there employees so i
see no need for the fallback for such site.

Xajax may be good for simple ajax things, but widgets /D&D need a better
framework.

vg Steffen