[TYPO3-doc] [TYPO3-ect] ajaxportal

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Apr 17 15:04:37 CEST 2008

Hey Daniel,

very interesting stuff.

I had to deal with Wordpress quite a lot the last days, and I find it
interesting to add "widgets" to a webpage (even if the webpage at the
end is not even a "portal" where people can drag & drop) but just the
idea of having a "Widgets" Plugin where you can create predefined parts
etc. and then tell Page 1 + Subpages to load Widget A, would be kinda
cool. (I'm thinking of the "info" column on webpages on the right)

So, I'd be cool to have a Widget backend interface to easily create
widgets (so easy that admins can do this in a very simple manner).

The structure of a widget (DB wise) could look like this...

* Widgets
   - Type: Content Element, RSS Feed, PHP Script, Tagcloud
   - Content (RSS Feed Location, Content Element Selection)
   - Position / Access Rights

--
greetings,
benni.