[TYPO3-doc] Links with [] don't work as expected in the TYPO3-wiki

Steffen Müller steffen at mail.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 15 18:44:40 CET 2007

Hi.

First of all, thanks to the wiki people for this great doc area.

I am writing an article and trying to add some external links,
containing [] both inside the URLs and the link text.

Edit-text looks like this:
[http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-dev/2006-April/017197.html
<nowiki>Discussion about the new 4.0 feature
[FE][pageCacheToExternalFiles]</nowiki>]

The output should be
Discussion about the new 4.0 feature [FE][pageCacheToExternalFiles]
wrapped with <a href>|</a>

But obviously is doesn't work. See:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Sandbox#Links

If I try the same code in the wikipedia sandbox, it works:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Spielwiese

The same with [] inside the URL. You have to change them manually to %5B
and %5D
[http://www.testsite.com/index.php?id=5&what[ever]=3 Testlink]

How to solve this?

--