[TYPO3-doc] WIKI: general naming for extension-documents

Daniel Brüßler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Mon Aug 20 12:39:30 CEST 2007

Hello Martin,

now we have tested it enough what naming-style is good and what is bad.

A prefix gave too much confusion, we have pages with that prefixes:

"Ext_", "EXT_", "Ext:", "EXT:", "Ext/", "EXT_", "Extension/", "Extensions/"

This is good:
Easy to use in the wiki, no prefix: Xajax, De:Dropdown Sitemap

When someone would create an extension with "sandbox" then we just move
the wiki-sandbox to "Help:Sandbox" and the problem is solved.

The only problem is the extension "kickstarter__mvc", because the wiki
doesn't allow "__". It creates the pagename "kickstarter_mvc". But I
don't see a real problem with this.

Every wiki-page shall be exportable to OpenOffice - so we don't need the
postfix "/manual". It's no problem when you use "/todo", "/testing" or
something else for sub-pages.

The question for me now is how much pages we have to move, when we do it
by hand. We can check this with
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Special:Prefixindex

kind regards
Daniel