[TYPO3-doc] WIKI: general naming for extension-documents

Martin Holtz typo3 at martinholtz.de
Mon Aug 20 11:23:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

How should be extension-documents be named in the wiki?

i would like, to discuss this again, because we didnt come to an solution.

(or missed i something?)

I readed the old thread about that "Writing Manuals in wiki.typo3.org" and i
think we should have new users i mind. Making the naming easy and clear, we
will probably have more users who help and it will be very easy to find
documentation about an extension:)

kickstarter/
Jakub says, this would be the easiest variant for beginners. And at now, i
think he was right.

We can have subpages, and the naming in the wiki is very easy
[[kickstarter]]

EXT/kickstarter/manual
This is used at some pages, but i think, there is no real reason vor using
"EXT". If we want an prefix (subpage) we should take "extensions" like
typo3.org/extensions/

T3Doc/kickstarter/
T3Doc/kickstarter/manual/
The same with T3Doc - we are in the documentation Wiki of T3, so the prefix
"T3Doc" does not help to find an documentation.

Extensions/kickstarter/
Extensions/kickstarter/manual/
extensions/kickstarter/manual/

We have some pages about the tt_news:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/T3Doc/tt_news
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/EXT/tt_news/testing
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Tt_news
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_tt_news

so, what should be the right naming scheme?

thanks,
martin