[TYPO3-doc] [TYPO3-typo3org] Re: [TYPO3-hci] Kickoff: TYPO3 4.1 (suggestions)

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Mon Sep 18 12:29:45 CEST 2006

Hi Matthew,

this is better place for a talk than our tems' talk page :-)

Great that you like to help with the documentation! We really need help
with that stuff, especially with some getting-started-docs.

What is your _main_-interest for the moment - is it the wiki-structure
or TypoScript?

> 1) I'll start contributing links and fixes on the wiki at least to start
> clearing a few bugs.
Yes, thank you!

> 2) I have added this text below to the discussion of the wiki docTeam todo
> list:
Yes I've seen it. Here it is better to think and talk about it, yet.

> Where can we discuss the structure? Currently the wiki welcome page divides
> the audiences into Editors, Administrators and Developers I am all these
> things so I don't know where to start looking.
Oh ?! What's with the first topic "Getting started"? Would be good to
look what you miss in this _section_ and what is really old. Since when
do you personally work with TYPO3?

> I suggest for the main topics, ie excluding teams etc.
> i) Installation
> ii) TypoScript
> iii) Extensions
Oh, we don't have the pages "TypoScript" and "Installation", yet ;-) Do
you like to create them?

But we don't need much content on the pages because we have the offical
openoffice-documents. Please see the list
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Category:T3Doc

> i) Installation and upgrades
> This section explores setting up your web server to run TYPO3 effectively.
> Advanced topics include security, optimisation and backup/migration
>
> ii) TypoScript and TSconfig
> This topic explores the bulk of TYPO3 reference and configuration. Documents
> include introductory materials and advanced materials.
>
> iii) Extensions and Development
> This topic explores existing extensions and the development of your own
> extensions.
>
> iv) Full document / video / tutorial list.
> This section is simply a full list of the available resources. Generally
> these resources will be linked to from the context of other pages within
> this wiki.
>
> v) Projects and Teams
> TYPO3 has a wide range of Projects and Teams. This section contains
> information if you would like to contribute to a team and information for
> team members.
>
> A significant drawback to the current wiki start page is where to look. If I
> need more detailed examples of objects from TSref it is not clear where to
> start looking. Using my approach idea above it is clearer. A second
> significant drawback of the current wiki start page is that documents are
> split into many sections Getting Started, Editors, Help, Developers and
> Extensions etc...
Please add your ideas into the sections what do exist. We can _optimize_
it in some points, but a big change is really not good.

Do you really know that the wiki is not _the_ documentation? 'The'
documentation is the openoffice-documents. The wiki is a place to create
new documents in a team - and to optimize existing documents.

> PS. My motivation? I want to see the wiki or some other part of TYPO3
> contain a well structured repository for code snippets on specific
> TypoScript objects. Basically a greater detail than TSref. This will help
> me to research and solve my TS problems quicker by utilising the
> contributed code snippets from others.
Good motivation to create the page "TypoScript" ;-)

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler