[TYPO3-doc] wiki - tsref in german and french, TSbyExample

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Wed Nov 15 18:11:06 CET 2006

Hello Michael,

ok now the TypoScript-pages. I made a compromize with this topic... ;-)

_Normally_ the wiki is just a "running through" for new documents or for
updating existing documents. "Running" is not the right word in the
moment, because it's slow - but it will be faster and faster in the
future. So normally a reviewed document goes as OpenOffice-Version and
PDF-version into typo3.org and just the link from its wiki-page to this
will be left. Later changes can be added to the wiki-page for a new update.

The TSref-pages are a _special case_. The english version is in care of
Kasper, that's shure. A german version is under work and will stay in
the wiki even when it's published as OpenOffice-document, too. Martin is
doing a great work with it. Also the french version. Try out how easy it
is to use:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/De:TSref/FILE
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/De:TSRefDataTypes#boolean
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Category:Topic/todo_TypoScript-test

Matthew Manderson wants to update TSbyExample after finishing his
5-minute-document. So he has a good base to start from, because he can
look at examples created in the other languages, too.

When it's time for it I'd like to search for a diff-tool that compares
several versions of the original (=Kaspers document), so translations
can be updated, too. Maybe CVS or subverson - because so it's easy to
see what part of TypoScript has changed.

> I wonder why this page is not referenced anywhere else?
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TSref/optionSplit

You can find the _optionSplit_ coming from the Main_Page:
Main_Page -> Document Matrix by Topic -> Topic/TypoScript ->
TSref/optionSplit

I think that's OK so :-)

> Anyway, if possible I would prefer to have no document content inside the
> Wiki unless we can move the whole document into that place (using
> import/export features, see my other mail about that).

Sylvain has created a script using VI what can import a whole document
into the wiki. I didn't have time for it, because I first want to make
the wiki work better. The tagging is a great help for this.

When the import-export-tool is ready it will be easy to manage this.

But the non-english TSref-pages are a special case - it's important to
keep the TypoScript-syntax always synchronized with the english-version
what Kasper manages.

Cheers!
Daniel Brüßler