[TYPO3-doc] Wiki: thanks, mediawiki-converter, DocumentState

Daniel Bruessler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Wed Nov 15 17:22:34 CET 2006

Hello Michael,

> Nice to know. Thanks a LOT for the great work you have made in the Wiki over
> the last weeks and months. I always wondered who's doing this... :-)
> I'm really happy to see that the Wiki is making such a good progress.

hey, great to read this ;-)

> is any possibility to import and export OpenOffice documents into
> MediaWiki? Just consider that we could probably move some of the important
> documents to this place - this would make editing in a team a lot easier.

You can have a look at the place where I collect stuff about this:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_joblist#Wiki_DocBook_OpenOffice_PDF

The wiki just can export very simple XML _by default_, that's not enough
for us. In the moment no plugin for import-export is available.
(try http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Special:Export)

Now there are two ways:
a) to add a plugin for Kaspers deveval-extension
b) to optimize the mediawiki-converter (a sourceforge-project)

I like b) more, because that wiki-converter can handle different
formats. That's less work than starting with the deveval-plugin. I think
it takes 8..16 hours to make it ready to use in our wiki.

In the moment there are many documents in the wiki what are not ready. I
prefer to first make them ready before importing more ones ;-)
(see http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Category:DocumentState)

Cheers!
Daniel Brüßler (aka EscapedPrisoner)