[TYPO3-doc] Reference of Typo Script

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Sun Mar 12 16:44:07 CET 2006

> Please talk in consideration, that with every new documentation the
> docs forest the beginner has to fight with is growing.
>
> I may be more valuable in this case to update TSbyEX instead of adding
> TSbyEX2.
>
> But the amount of documents is the lesser problem. The bigger problem
> is a good sign post to the right documents. We can't expect a biginner
> to read them all before he is allowed to post any question.

Yes of course your right.  Unfortuanelty the list fo documentation is
ever growing - as is the list of extensions.

But I think this new proposed document that Matthew is suggesting might
need to become the definative guide for newbies (at least in this
realm).  This will need to take into account tsbyex, typoscript indepth,
and will as Matthew states work hand in hand with TSref.  It will then
potentially have greater scope by helping newbies understand. And even
more fundamentally this document needs to be clear and concise to
account for differing levels of english.

And then as you say we need to also allow the newbies to ask questions.
  But I think to some degree we *have to expect* newbies to have read a
sizable amount of the relevant documents before they start asking
questions. If I have to see another question about how to output the
subtitle field of a page into the html I think I'll scream! Or even more
clearly stated in the documents - how to remove the onBlur from menu
items. Why are we constantluy looking at and answering questions about
clearly documented and previously answered things?

Its the basic questions where people have obviously not done any reading
that are the most frustrating and also tie up and clutter the lists. I
think this TSbyEx2 might remove and solve many of these things.