[TYPO3-doc] proposal: TS prevention of ambiguous namings

Sun Mar 12 14:54:23 CET 2006

Matthew Manderson schrieb:
> temp.navright = HMENU
> temp.navright.special = list
> temp.navright.special.value = 73,233,96,98,235

"node." "leaf" = CLASS
"node." "node." "leaf" = function or property
"node." "node." "node." "leaf" = property

list would often be a function in this position. In this special case
it is rather an array. I guess it without going deeper into the
sourcecode.

> So 'special' is a leaf but 'special.value' is a node.leaf pair in your
> terminology

Similar:

"special" is the leaf.
"special." is the node.
Combined the are the leaf node pair "special".

> Although not strictly TS, 'template' remains another messy term and worse
> still 'extension template'

Yes "template" provoces a lot of missunderstandings in communication.
But the context is usually different. It doesn't produce headaches in
the way property does in TS.

Regards

Elmar