[TYPO3-doc] Do you miss a HAT

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Jul 6 18:06:24 CEST 2006

Hi everybody!
> Let's get a place, on typo3.org ideally, get the HAT set-up and get the
> writing going!

That was exactly what people said the last time. And see what
you got! ;-)

If we want to do this properly, we have to deal with ALL aspects
of documentation, not only get people to write. We already have
a lot of documentation and people still think it is hard to find
information...

No, producing documentation is not the biggest problem (yet).
Right now we need to organise both the content, the documents,
the presentation of them and the document management. When that
is done, we can speed up production again!

I know this sounds boring to some of you, but then you don´t
have to participate! I believe that organising is the key word
here, and a HAT system is a part of that. The other part is
structure.
It doesn´t matter how good HAT system we have, if people cant
find the documents. And it doesn´t matter how easy it is to find
documents if they are not up to date!

----------

The biggest problem with the last documentation effort (I was a
part of it) was that we had little or no discussions with "the
big guys". If we in the DocTeam could not agree, there was no
one to take a decision so we could move on. So we did not get
trought the disussion phase. :-(

But I think this have changed lately. Kaspers efforts around
Typo3 4.5 sounds promising, so mayby it is time to "restart" the
DocTeam?

BTW, the wiki was intended to be *a workplace* for
documentation, nothing else.

--

Peter Kindström