[TYPO3-doc] Do you miss a HAT

Tim Wentzlau tim.wentzlau at auxilior.com
Thu Jul 6 01:26:13 CEST 2006

E. Veelo skrev:
> I think the T3 solution has been mentioned before but instead was opted
> for the wiki, not sure for what reason.

When i wrote the my initial post i was thinking if a wiki solution is
good enough. Wiki offers some of the functions that goes into a HAT but
also miss important functionality.

First of all it is not very structured which makes it difficult to build
documentation from submanuals. It misses version management, multi
language support. And most important layout and format of wiki pages are
plain ugly when it comes to produce good quality documentation.

> It makes a lot of sense to me to use T3, and it's like a proof of
> concept that T3 is what it says it is.
Agree

> I think the only missing piece would be an extension to export to PDF or
> DOC or other offline/printing media. If we can cramp the HAT with great
> documents I'm sure someone will pick-up on that end.

I think that this process should separated in two first step is to make
a XML export that could be turned into PDF and other formats for paper
publishing.

Tim