[TYPO3-doc] T3 Doc 2 wiki

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Feb 25 10:14:58 CET 2006

Hello,

> There was a discussion previously about creating a wiki-like online
> document editing interface for a whole document management system, but
> that hasn't been discussed for a while and I'm not sure if anyone is
> working on it currently. The intent was to keep the documentation in
> OpenOffice or Docbook format and provide online editing capabilities
> that read from and wrote to OO or Docbook format, then the documentation
> would be automatically pulled to the website like it currently is, and
> also exported to any other format people would need.

we already have the possibility to write comments to the online version
of the documents on typo3.org .
It would be usefull to keep a copy of the OpenOffice document as a wiki
page. This is easier for someone to make additions here.

However I think the Timtaw extension should be used in future for the
wiki. In the meanwhile it would be too much work to copy all documents
on a wiki page. This is because I do not see so many active and useful
contributions to the wiki. Therefore the wiki pages should be only used
as additions to the OO documents or discussions about them.

Franz