[Typo3-doc] Greetings from the US

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Oct 17 02:25:49 CEST 2005

>> Thanks for your perspective. That's along the lines of what we were
>> discussing about how non-native-English-speakers probably won't
>> notice the difference between US-English and UK-English. Even the
>> small difference between us calling it British-English and you
>> calling it UK-English indicates that we think differently over here.
>> :)
>>
> In fact in Europe we call it Oxford-English and raise our nose a
> little bit. We only call it UK-English for american people because
> they surley don't know where Oxford is. If we had the time we would
> prepare the documentations as a Micky-Mouse comic strip for US. Most
> american people can't read at all. At school they are gun shouting
> and knife fighting all the day instead of learning. ;-)

You forgot to mention that they all weigh at least 300 pounds and munch fast
food the whole day while wasting 25% of the worldwide energy resources for
cars with V8 engines, air conditions and swimming pools in the californian
desert.

Well - I never understood why it makes such a big difference for Brits and
Americans if the "proper" english is used.
It's like having a German, Austrian and Swiss list just because there might
be some grammatical and/or vocabular differences.
In fact there is just one "German" list and most of the people are happy
with it regardless of the "german flavour" that is used in their local area.

I don't think it will raise ones knowledge about handling of colours in the
GIFBUILDER if you write it "colors" instead.
But I think it makes sense to translate some documents from "denglish"
(which might be danish english or deutsches english) to a correct "universal
english" version.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau