[Typo3-doc] Waht we can do now. was: G'day!

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Thu Nov 10 11:27:10 CET 2005

Hi Charlie,

welcome aboard!

Charlie Dale wrote:

> 1. Write the "Start here" page. How hard can it be??

Go ahead! Recently I have created a new page for the development section
(typo3.org/development) - it took exactly 15 minutes. The "Start here" page
is under construction since the beginning of the Extension Repository, so
any other content than the existing would be a big improvement.

Just create some content, send it to this list and if noone complains I put
it online.

Another important point:

Please elect one or two persons who get a backend account on TYPO3.org and
create a DocTeam page (http://typo3.org/teams/...). On that page you should
describe what the DocTeam is, who is part of it and how anyonelse can help
(create a job list).

I understand that it is useful to work on an overall concept before you
start but from my experience from eXtreme programming I learned that if you
don't start with *anything* you never get further and that you can always
change what you've done if it turns out to not fit into the global vision.
Maybe that only applies to development but, hmm, you never know ...

Have a sunny day,

robert
--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development