[Typo3-doc] Page numbering

Charlie Dale charlie at aphid.net
Wed Nov 9 13:54:32 CET 2005

Hi Matthew,

Yep I understand what you're saying now. When I read the docs I tend to do
it online so I haven't noticed the page number issue which would be obvious
when you print.

This is really simple to fix for a particular document, but difficulty to
fix for all of them. OOo Writer requires the author/editor to update the
contents manually. You just right click the Contents and select "Update
Index/Table". Or go to Tools > Update > All Indexes and Tables. Apparently
many writers forget to do this after they make some pages and the text
reflows.

Incredibly, there seems to be no way to do this update automatically in OOo
Writer.

Perhaps we could add a macro to the standard template that does an Update
All on a Save Document event? The following macro would work (auto-generated
by Writer itself):

sub UpdateToC
  dim document   as object
  dim dispatcher as object
  document   = ThisComponent.CurrentController.Frame
  dispatcher = createUnoService("com.sun.star.frame.DispatchHelper")
  dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:UpdateAllIndexes", "", 0,
Array())
end sub

Do people think it would be worth doing this? Maybe just wait for the new
DocBook mechanism?

Cheers,
Charlie