[Typo3-doc] Wiki people: who's on board now?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Mon Nov 7 20:51:06 CET 2005

Hi,
>>If you really produce documents that make the old ones look outdated I
>>think he will be fine, just wanted to let you know his "old" opinion.
>
> This certainly is the right thing to do. One point to consider is that
> the Learning TYPO3 project is being done for the US site and the
> documents that are developed, which includes rewriting and rearranging
> some existing documents, will be unique to the US site. So, at first,
> there will be two sets of packages and documents, one on typo3.us, the
> other at typo3.org. That said, at some point, a decision will have to
> be made by the maintainers of TYPO3 to adopt, or not, the "new"
> Learning TYPO3 material, including the new packages. If not adopted,
> then there will remain two sets.

I see a risk here:
Who will remove the redundant information from the old documents
when we decide to adopt? I think that should be done right after
(or during) the new documents are written. So that someone has
in fresh memory what should be removed from the old documents.

Or put in another way: One *very important* thing at the end of
the "Learning Typo3 project" is to take care of the adoption!

Alex?

/Peter Kindström