[Typo3-doc] Wiki people: who's on board now?

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:26:56 CET 2005

On 11/7/05, Patrick Gaumond <patrick at typo3quebec.org> wrote:
> Alex Heizer wrote:
> > Not if I can help it. The idea is to take the relevant information
> > located within multiple documents and organize them into a single,
> > easy-to-follow document, then burn the existing ones.
>
> I had a chat with Kasper at my first Snowboard Tour in january 2004
> about documentation... At that time he said something like "You can
> change what you want or create new documents but please don't delete the
> documents I made in the past".
>
> So please before going too far, take few minutes to write Kasper about
> your plan...
>
> If you really produce documents that make the old ones look outdated I
> think he will be fine, just wanted to let you know his "old" opinion.

This certainly is the right thing to do. One point to consider is that
the Learning TYPO3 project is being done for the US site and the
documents that are developed, which includes rewriting and rearranging
some existing documents, will be unique to the US site. So, at first,
there will be two sets of packages and documents, one on typo3.us, the
other at typo3.org. That said, at some point, a decision will have to
be made by the maintainers of TYPO3 to adopt, or not, the "new"
Learning TYPO3 material, including the new packages. If not adopted,
then there will remain two sets.

Virgil