[Typo3-doc] Wiki people: who's on board now?

Matteo Anceschi manceschi at arscolor.com
Thu Nov 3 09:54:05 CET 2005

Hi Virgil,

Il 03/11/05 1.25, virgil huston ha scritto:
> Alex makes excellent points about the wiki for TYPO3 documentation. My
> comment is a bit more basic. It kind of bothers me that a TYPO3
> repository is not run by TYPO3 software. If there is a way to set up a
> nice document repository using only TYPO3, I am all for that.

Ah, I like this idea, yes :)
But I don't know which are the current plans about TIMTAW...devs, could
enlighten us?
This possibility perhaps could give us a way to connect PDF
documentation with the wiki?

> As for wikis, I have never liked their open nature for 'official'
> documentation. Quality control is extremely difficult. I wuld like to
> see a system where recommended changes are submitted to the doc team,
> reviewed and incorporated (or not), then published. The public at
> large should not be able to change them.

See my response to Alex: mediawiki current version permits "patrolled
versions", and fortunately T3 is so difficult that "monkey typing" (as
in wikipedia) is difficult too (is only my thought, obviously)

> Virgil

Cheers,
Matteo