[Typo3-doc] What is documentation.typo3.org

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Mar 31 19:51:54 CEST 2005

Hi
>>"documentation.typo3.org
>>To create a stable, easy to use, scalable and mirrorable subsite
>>of TYPO3.org providing an Open Office Writer based documentation
>>library for online reading as well as documents available for
>>download in different formats."

> That project has not started yet nor are there specific ideas. I just put my
> most important thoughts about it into words and will focus on it after the
> TER 2.0 project.

Are you leading/coordinating the project?
Why even change anything right now?
Do you just intend to move all existing pages to a new subdomain?
Or do you plan some new functionality?

> However, you, the DocTeam, should discuss these topics and it would be great
> if you could come up with a draft concept in 4-6 weeks from now. Have a
> look at the TER concept, something similar would be sufficient already.

Hard to discuss and come up with a concept about the tool, when
we do not even know what we want to do with the documentation...

I think we first have to know how to organize and handle
Articles, FAQ, HowTos, Wiki, OOo documents, Tips&tricks and
Videos. And also see if timtaw and the "new" OOo extension gets
finished (we are even discussing the DocBook format). Then we
know what tools we want.

Sorry, but my opinion is that we have to considered this very
carefully - if we want to make the documentation better. I
suggest we just *move* the existing documentation pages right
now. And then do bigger changes when we know what we need?

/Peter Kindström