[Typo3-doc] language flag uploaded

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Thu Mar 31 15:51:46 CEST 2005

> I've uploaded 5 language flags, that you can use in the wiki, with the
> following wiki code inside double square bracket. [[Image:Flag_uk.png]]

Should we really encourage other languages than english? I
really don't know...

We risk ending up with a paralell german (or any other language)
wiki with different content than the english one... And I
think that is bad, we need to concentrate our effort - not
diverse it to working in different languages!

On the other hand it is ok if pages/documents gets translated.
Then there is still an common english version, but some people
get read it in their native language.

So my point is, we should NOT write about different languages
on the Main page. If people do it by themself, fine, but the
DocTeam should not encourage it. First we need to have
documentation on Typo3's official language!

> Should I ask for copyright somewhere or is it ok ?

I don't think that flags has copyright...? If that was the case,
you would have to ask the government for permission to use it.
:-]

--

/Peter Kindström