[Typo3-doc] Reason for dropping DocBook...

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Tue Mar 29 06:21:02 CEST 2005

Hi Robert

> I tried the DocBook integration for OpenOffice about three months ago. It
> was not useful in any way and far from being completed.

I found a note on the net that confirms that too.

> The point is: We don't need an editor which makes *some* DocBook format out
> of a regular text document but we need an editor which takes the DocBook
> specific symantics in account.

I agree, a good autocompletion text editor would be enough.

> Really, I thought and talked much about using DocBook because I really like
> the format. But not for TYPO3 within the next year I suppose.

It was not the plan to convert everything into docBook anytime soon
anyway. At least not without further testing. Sincere and thourough
testing would take up a few months in time anyway so I wouldn't count on
it coming before 2006/2007.

Focussing on timtaw is the right thing to do now. Any idea when it will
be released?

Jean-Marie