[Typo3-doc] Reason for dropping DocBook...

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Mon Mar 28 14:48:09 CEST 2005

Jean-Marie Schweizer wrote:
> Also OpenOffice can import/export DocBook. Abiword can at least import
> it and even Microsoft has some solution for Word.

I tried the DocBook integration for OpenOffice about three months ago. It
was not useful in any way and far from being completed.

The point is: We don't need an editor which makes *some* DocBook format out
of a regular text document but we need an editor which takes the DocBook
specific symantics in account.

Really, I thought and talked much about using DocBook because I really like
the format. But not for TYPO3 within the next year I suppose.

--
robert