[Typo3-doc] Hook Compendium

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Mon Mar 28 17:52:48 CEST 2005

Hi Bernhard,
> I had a nice idea about a document which is still missing in the Typo3
> World. A kind of "Hook Compendium" in which all Hooks in the Core are
> listed and there is example code how to Hook into, using the two
> different Hook-Types.
>   :
> What do you think ? Is such a document needed ?

I´m not the right person to decide if it is needed, but I think
the idea of gathering and explaining all hooks in one place
sounds great!

But, do you intend to start writing it yourself? Unfortunately
there is no real docTeam present, so we don´t have any person to
assign this task to.  :-(

Do you have any idea of document format - OOo document or wiki?
I think the downside with OOo is that it has to have an author
that is interested in keeping it updated. The wiki on the other
hand give you less "control" over the document, but anyone can
participate much easier.

Hmmm, what I am trying to say is I think it would be good if we
had such a document, but it is important to have someone
coordinating (and maybe pushing) the writing until the document
is done. Otherwise it is maybe better to spend time on things
that will be finished. I don´t like all those "lost spirits".  ;-)

/Peter Kindström