[Typo3-doc] Reason for dropping DocBook...

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Sat Mar 26 17:48:29 CET 2005

> I think this sounds exactly as my idea about an official Typo3
> documentation!
>
> Of course everyone should be able to write documentation for
> Typo3. But a well-defined part of the documentation should be
> maintained in a more "professional" way, by the docTeam.
>
> This well-defined documentation (what I call "the official"
> Typo3 documentation) should all follow the same guidelines and
> syntax. Maybe it also should be written with a more professional
> tool (DocBook?) and all documents should fit into a well-defined
> structure.

I knew we were on the same page...

>>Standard documentation tool for the first group will be Wiki, timtaw and
>>OO. The second group won't need the editors you might still consider.
>

> Hmmm... But I would like to have something easier than a simple
> editor and would also like to have some formatting. I´ll try to
> get OOo work with the DocBook format. I doesn´t seem to be easy
> but...

Of course, if OOo is up for it, why not. I just seems an overkill to use
OOo for DocBook. Maybe Abiword could do it. Also, once you get used to
the DocBook macro of vim you can work pretty fast.

After all I'm pretty sure once we focus on it we'll find just the right
tools.

Maybe in time there will be an editor that covers CVS and language
support. That would be really helpfull.

Jean-Marie