[Typo3-doc] Reason for dropping DocBook...

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Mar 26 17:37:33 CET 2005

Hi Jean-Marie
> Before I answer - have you looked at my post
> 'docTeam leader 'ad interim''?

Yes, I have. And I am still thinking about it...

> First we have to decide on how documentations are supposed to
> be written in the future.
>
> - Is is going to be like up till now, where anyone can write a
> documentation as long as he wants to?
>
> - Or is it going to be more restrictive, like coding the core
> of TYPO3 where only a few people that now the guidelines and
> syntax by heart are writing and maintaining the 'core'
> documentations.

I think this sounds exactly as my idea about an official Typo3
documentation!

Of course everyone should be able to write documentation for
Typo3. But a well-defined part of the documentation should be
maintained in a more "professional" way, by the docTeam.

This well-defined documentation (what I call "the official"
Typo3 documentation) should all follow the same guidelines and
syntax. Maybe it also should be written with a more professional
tool (DocBook?) and all documents should fit into a well-defined
structure.

> Standard documentation tool for the first group will be Wiki, timtaw and
> OO. The second group won't need the editors you might still consider.

Hmmm... But I would like to have something easier than a simple
editor and would also like to have some formatting. I´ll try to
get OOo work with the DocBook format. I doesn´t seem to be easy
but...

/Peter Kindström