[Typo3-doc] docTeam leader? I give up.

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Thu Mar 24 11:28:48 CET 2005

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> Anyway, I find this whole leadership thing in this team very strange,
> none of the other TYPO3 teams I worked in had a "leader" as such. For
> example I work togehter with Dan Brün on the Kickstarter, with Stucki
> for creating the packages and some other people on bug fixing, and none
> of those "teams" cares at all about leadership.

That's why I think there is a need for clearing it up what leadership
means. The leadership thing becomes strange when there is a false idea
of leader, like putting somebody on the pedastle or such.

If you like, we could call it 'connection person' or 'person to get to
when somebody outside the team has a question' or whatever.

Teams like you described work fine as long as it is handfull of people
but not, if there will be quite a lot of people involved.

Apart from that, decisions need to be made, and as we know from
experience we wouldn't have get to a decision if it was up to everybody.

But of course, if the community thinks, this can work without any
structure, be my guest and try it.

Jean-Marie