[Typo3-doc] Reason for dropping DocBook...

Christian Jul Jensen christian at jul.net
Wed Mar 23 11:31:56 CET 2005

Jean-Marie Schweizer <jms at marktauftritte.ch> writes:

> What was the reason for dropping that idea?

I'm not sure if I can give the full answer, but I know that one of the
reasons is that there simply doesn't exist any useful frontend to
docbook.

Robert and I had a look at some diff apps this fall, none of them
we're good. Most programmers already hate writing docs, forcing them
to use something with a steep learning curve isn't really a good idea,
unless there are some really good reasons to.

--
-julle