[Typo3-doc] Reason for dropping DocBook...

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Wed Mar 23 09:03:26 CET 2005

I know that at the T3BOARD05 Ingmar, Robert, Sebastian and Sylvain
discussed the usage of the DocBook format as the future documentation
format since many major Open Source projects are using DocBook for their
documentation.

What was the reason for dropping that idea?

I realize that DocBook is powerful and with that power comes also some
learning curve to take for the writers but I wonder if it wouldn't be
useful to take necessary steps now to get used to it for the benefit of
TYPO3 in the future.

Maybe somebody can speak from experience using DocBook, maybe even
within an Open Source enviroment. Apart from numerous DTDs and XSLTs
there might also be some good writing tools similar to the Wiki style
for team work purposes.

Any comments?

Jean-Marie